My name is Christina Brown and I have been giving professional, therapeutic massage since graduating from the Arizona School of Massage Therapy in 2007 with classes in anatomy, pathology, hydrotherapy and over 12 different massage modalities;
- Swedish Massage is a very basic massage to promote the natural processes of the body, it is composed of long, light, feathery strokes directed towards the heart.
- Deep Tissue builds on the foundation of Swedish but includes attention to tense areas and muscle groups, it is slower with larger tools used by the therapist such as a forearm or elbow.
- Injury Massage is a targeted massage to improve muscle function after any kind of injury or surgery.
- Russian Sports Massage is targeted to the athletes; sport, size and position of training (pre or post).
- Structural Integration based on Ida Rolf's teaching “The fixation of the flesh interferes with the energy flow that is the essence of life”.–Ida P. Rolf, Ph.D http://www.rolfusa.com/tenseries.html
- Hydrotherapy is using water in it's three forms liquid, vapor and ice, you may have steam, hot towels or stones applied during the massage or cold packs/ice.
- Trigger Point Therapy is very specific addressing areas with severe dysfunction and limited Range of Motion (ROM), during the massage the client will be directing to knots or trigger points with referral pain.
- Acupressure is paramount in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practiced for more than 2000 years, and the fact that it is still in use today is a testimony to its effectiveness in the treatment of illness and pain, light finger pressure is used on Acupoints along meridians or energy lines of the body where the client may have energy blockages causing pain and inflammation.
- Shiatsu is considered a form of massage, which is often done through the clothes and incorporates acupoints based on TCM and holds.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy based on John Upledger's ideas using a soft touch which is generally no greater than 5 grams - about the weight of a nickel - practitioners release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system primarily on the cranial bones and sacrum.
- Reflexology can be done on the hand, foot or ear while affecting the whole body.
- Pre and Post Natal Massage are specialized to this time for mom or mom to be.
- Hawaiian Lomi-Lomi is a vigorous massage style with a faster pace than Swedish typically using a lot of friction and stretching.
Christina really enjoys working with her clients to find what modality or combination of massage therapies will work best for them and move them towards homeostasis. Christina’s goal is to help her client reach his or her own goals for optimal health, whether that means; weight loss, injury recovery, greater physical flexibility or energetic balance and stability during stressful times. Christina specializes in you, the client!
Communication about the depth of pressure and comfort levels should be maintained during the hands on hour. This allows for the client to fully engage the mind body connection and promote healing on all levels. I would encourage clients to speak up about any discomfort before during or after massage sessions. This allows the therapist to make further adjustments.